The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our client base ranges from virtual biotech companies all the way up to 3 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical giants. We design and deliver complete drug development programs and project management for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
RxCelerate currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist to join our team of in vitro research scientists. The in vitro team specialises in developing functional cell-based assays and immunoassays, which often serve as a screening tool in the early stages of drug discovery. Working collaboratively within our Biology department, you will apply your scientific and technical expertise across our wide range of projects. Applications are welcomed from experienced scientists with a strong background in a wide variety of functional in vitro assays.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of experience in mammalian cell culture, functional cell-based assays and immunoassays. They must be a careful and methodical worker with keen attention to detail. They should also be self-motivated and able to organise and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. Excellent and accurate record keeping with a competent level of computer literacy are essential. They will have strong communication skills and be an exceptional team-worker. The ability to prioritise work within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential. This full-time role is predominantly lab based.
• Design and execution of a wide range of in vitro assays including, but not limited to, functional cell-based assays and immunoassays.
• Maintenance of accurate experimental records.
• Delivery of high-quality experimental reports to tight deadlines.
• Draw on scientific knowledge and experience to contribute to existing projects.
• Presentation and reporting of work to internal project teams and external clients.
• PhD (or BSc/MSc with equivalent experience) with a strong background in designing and performing functional cell-based assays and immunoassays.
• Laboratory experience in mammalian cell culture.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team, with a proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
• Proactive approach to learning and “can do” attitude.
• Ability to review and assimilate new information rapidly and effectively.
• Proven experience in data analysis.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to lead and co-ordinate projects to timely completion.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry and/or immunoprecipitation/Western blotting.
• Experience in image analysis and/or handling large and complex data sets.
• Experience with the isolation and culture of human peripheral cells.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements above, and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply.
No agencies please.