Scientist – Protein/Cell Engineering
SRG is delighted to be partnering with an exciting start-up biotech company based in the Cambridge area. They are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join the technology team where you will be contributing to the development of T cell derived therapeutics. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a dynamic environment and rapidly expand their knowledge and skillset.
• Developing selection methods to engineer TCRs for enhanced function (affinity, specificity, developability).
• Evaluating and standardising high throughput cloning methods to be deployed in the discovery pipeline.
• Technology development and troubleshooting of additional methods and assays.
• Critically evaluating and sharing scientific advances from the literature.
• A PhD (or equivalent) in Cell Biology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or a similar discipline, with a strong molecular biology background
• Practical experience in common molecular biology techniques (DNA extraction, cloning, PCR)
• Practical laboratory experience working with mammalian cell lines (cell culture, transfection, protein purification)
• Experience with protein display techniques (e.g. yeast, phage and/or mammalian cell display, library construction)
• Hands-on experience with protein engineering techniques (expression vector construction, protein purification from cell culture, vector mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE and Western blot)
• Able to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
• Direct experience with genome editing techniques highly desirable.
• Experience in flow cytometry/sorter operation highly desirable
• Experience in generating stable cell lines
• Familiarity with techniques such as ELISA, HTRF, flow-based binding assays
If you are interested in discussing the role further, then please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org / 02039379660