Mission Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis. The Company has built a leading platform for the discovery and development of first-in-class, small molecule drugs that selectively target deubiquitylating enzymes (DUBs) – an emerging drug class that is attracting significant commercial interest in the area of protein homeostasis.
We are looking for a driven, organised and proactive individual to join us at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. This is a maternity cover position, initially on a 9 Month Fixed Term Contract. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
In this role you will be joining the Target Validation team where you will develop new high-throughput assays to measure deubiquitinase activity in a cellular context. This role builds on Mission’s expertise in deubiquitinases and will strengthen our ability to design new and potent inhibitors of specific targets with therapeutic potential to treat neurodegenerative disorders. The role will involve some screening activities.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Design and execution of high-quality laboratory research to meet agreed objectives.
• Building complex high-throughput cellular assays capable of supporting file screening activities.
• Troubleshooting assay development issues through application of different assay platforms and formats to achieve goals.
• Presentation of results at internal research meetings.
• Serving as in-house expert in your project area and acting as advisor to the line manager in your specific field of expertise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• PhD in a scientific discipline or equivalent, or MSc with demonstrated capabilities in a pertinent area of research with equivalent practical and theoretical knowledge.
• Firm understanding of the drug discovery process.
• Strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and scientific creativity are required, as well as proficiency in the following fields:-
o 96- and 384-well screening technologies: HTRF, immunofluorescence, fluorescence intensity;
o Routine mammalian cell culture, nucleic acids transfection protocols and cytotoxicity assessments;
o Basic protein chemistry: quantification and immunoblotting;
o Basic molecular biology techniques: cloning and amplification.
• A working knowledge of deubiquitinase biology is desirable but not essential.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills required.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced scientific environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deliver objectives to tight timelines.
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
The closing date for applications is 14th July 2020.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website www.missiontherapeutics.com
No agencies, thank you
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.