Based at the Edinburgh BioQuarter, RoslinCT is a leading Contract Manufacturing and Development Organisation within the cellular therapies/ATMPs field, performing cutting edge investigational medicinal product manufacture for clinical trials across Europe and the US.
The Company is now embarking on an exciting period of planned growth, and we are recruiting for some key operational roles to help support and lead that growth into the future.
We are searching for a Senior iPSC Scientist to join our expanding team and hold responsibility for the development, culture, banking and testing of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines in support of our ATMP bioprocessing activities within our Cell Therapy Development (CTD) team.
Candidates for this role must also be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to our Core Values, and so should be:
• Passionate about Customer Satisfaction
• Able to support a ‘one team’ approach
• A great communicator
• Committed to personal growth and development
• Accountable for their work
This role of Senior iPSC Scientist will report directly to the Cell and Gene Therapy Manager and will ensure that project milestones are met and deliver scientific excellence. The role will involve working closely with both our clients and our GMP contract manufacturing department to ensure the seamless tech transfer and scale up of ATMP bioprocessing activities between key parties.
As the Senior iPSC Scientist your responsibilities will vary but will include;
• Generating, culturing, banking and testing of iPSCs alongside the preparation and co-ordination of qualification/validation of protocols for the differentiation of pluripotent stem cells into a variety of cell types to be manufactured as cellular therapies.
• Development and optimisation of QC assays to support the generation of iPSCs.
• Reviewing and upgrading current development SOPs and establishing new SOPs alongside identification, evaluation and introduction of new technologies to the department.
• Devising, planning, executing and analysing experiments.
• Liaising with suppliers and contracted companies to continually improve the quality of materials necessary for iPSC derivation and culture.
• Liaising with new technology partners and experts in the field of pluripotent stem cell culture.
• Performing the process validation and technology transfer of GMP translated projects to the GMP manufacturing facility.
• Provision of support for the GMP team with the introduction of new client manufacturing processes.
• Performing scale-up and process development of in-house and client manufacturing processes.
• Day-to-day housekeeping of dedicated laboratories to ensure a high standard of organisation at all times with shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance.
• Supervision of junior CTD staff to ensure personnel adhere to laboratory cleaning/housekeeping and equipment maintenance/servicing regimes.
• Ensuring the laboratory is working in line with current H&S regulations
• Deputise for the Cell and Gene Therapy Manager as required.
The post holder will have a minimum of a degree (or equivalent qualification), and preferably a PhD, in the life sciences field.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Extensive experience in culture of induced pluripotent stem cells
• Experience with differentiation of stem cells
• Experience in the culture of human embryonic stem cells
• Experience with relevant cellular analytical techniques (flow cytometry, qPCR, Immunostaining, Genetic analysis, etc.)
• Ability to plan and execute experimental plans
• Good data recording and report writing skills
• Computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
• A working knowledge of GMP would be desirable
Behavioural Attributes Required:
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent attention to detail with a desire to continually develop and improve our processes
• Ability to learn and share your knowledge where appropriate
• A determination to succeed with a "can do attitude"
• Emotional resilience and an ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility and enthusiastic, with a passion for lab work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional organisational and time management skills
• Customer focused with the ability to work to deadline and deliver results
• Group Personal Pension Plan: 3% Employee contribution with an Employer contribution of initially 5% for the first year of joining the scheme then a 1% increase per year until a maximum of 8% is reached.
• Group Life Cover, 3X Salary
• Health4All Cash Plan where you are able to claim cash back towards dental check-ups and treatment, new glasses, contact lenses and therapy treatments such as physiotherapy and chiropody and more.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 31 days annual leave with an extra day from 3 years’ service and a further day from 5 years’ service.
• 4 public holidays
Location: Edinburgh BioQuarter. Please ensure you can realistically commute to our site before applying.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter with your salary expectations and confirmation you have the right to work in the UK to email@example.com.