Full Time 37.5hrs hours per week | Monday to Friday (8.00am to 4.30pm) Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £40,000 per annum (neg. on experience)
This is a great opportunity to work in our Cambridge Laboratory in the Endocrinology department. This role is deemed an ‘Essential Worker’, with the added reassurance of working in a stable industry in these uncertain times'
NationWide Laboratories, as an independent veterinary diagnostic laboratory, are dedicated to the improvement of animal health through direct support of veterinary practices in the UK and worldwide. We have been delivering service for over 30 years. NationWide Laboratories is a trading entity of National Veterinary Services Ltd. (NVSL).
What you will be doing
• Analytical Laboratory work according to our assay schedules.
• Sample reception
• Sample preparation and analysis
• Data entry into the LIMS and reporting of results as required.
• Other duties include ordering and maintaining adequate stock for the efficient running of the laboratory
• Stock lists for finance, preparation of QC material, equipment maintenance and logs
• General duties associated with a busy laboratory
Working for us
• 33 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
• Extra holidays for long service
• Life assurance benefit
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free on-site parking and Wi-Fi
• A 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme – offering a range of support services to help you to resolve difficulties in your home-life
• Savings related share option plan
• Christmas hampers
• Eye-sight vouchers for VDU users
• Enhanced company pension scheme
Who we are looking for
• Good English, both written and spoken
• Good IT Skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Calm and mature attitude with ability to work under pressure
• Flexible and conscientious attitude
• Team orientated attitude
• Use initiative when required
• Good manual dexterity for the laboratory work
• RIA / ELISA assay experience
• Interest in science relating to animals
Successful applicants will be required to disclose any unspent criminal convictions to the Company. A DBS check may be carried out in compliance with Home Office guidelines. Applicants should be aware that with in line with our Drugs and Alcohol policy random tests are carried out. NVSL is committed to equality of opportunity and this underpins our employment and recruitment procedures. We use objective, job-related criteria when making appointment decisions and our selection criteria is based on skills, experience, qualifications and an ability to do the job. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we will not contact candidates that have not been selected for interview. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Send CV to HEVANS@nwlabs.co.uk