(Senior) Research Associate – Flow Cytometry
SRG is delighted to be partnering with an exciting start-up biotech company based in the Cambridge area. They are currently looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to join the discovery team where you will be contributing to the development of novel TCR Therapeutics. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a dynamic environment and rapidly expand their knowledge and skillset.
• Sample preparation and panel design for multi-parameter flow cytometry to sort and analyse cells of interest
• Preparing immunogens for immunization programmes
• Daily operation and maintenance of the sorter and related equipment
• Contributing to the development of microfluidics-based single cell technology for TCR discovery
• Single cell and NGS library construction
• Primary immune cell culture and functional assays
• A BSc/MSc (or equivalent experience) in Immunology/Cell Biology/Biomedical Sciences or a similar discipline.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Understanding of the principles of flow cytometry
• Experience with flow analysis software (FACSDiva, FlowJo)
• Designing and testing multi-parameter panels for analysis and sorting
• Practical laboratory experience working with primary and immortalised mammalian cells would be desirable
• Able to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
• Familiarity with techniques such as ELISA, flow-based binding assays, molecular biology skills (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, library preparation) would be desirable
If you are interested in discussing the role further, then please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org / 02039379660