Adrestia Therapeutics is an exciting, new and quickly developing biotechnology company that is systematically defining imbalances connected to various human genetic diseases and developing new ways to treat them. Fundamental to our science are precision cellular disease models and our innovative Disease Rebalancing, Target Discovery and Drug Discovery platforms.
As a consequence of our highly successful Series-A fundraise, we are now seeking to recruit a range of highly accomplished, dedicated, resourceful and team-oriented personnel to join us in our new facilities on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Role: Senior Research Scientist
We are seeking to recruit dedicated, resourceful and well accomplished Senior Research Scientists to join our team. As a senior Research Scientist, your primary role will be to apply your expertise in cell and/or molecular biology to contribute to one or more of the Company’s research programmes. Specifically, by taking a leading role in a focused research team, you will conceive, design and develop cell-based disease models, and will then deploy these to identify, validate and establish pre-clinical proof-of-concept for new therapeutic targets.
The post-holder will at all times operate with the highest levels of scientific and professional integrity, honesty and
openness. Roles within the company will include:
• Conceive, design, plan and execute research experiments using established and innovative procedures.
• Stay up to date with scientific literature and lead/contribute to the establishment of new cellular models and assays.
• Assume responsibility for progress of projects in relation to pre-agreed timelines and milestones, reporting
requirements and other goals.
• Coordinate, motivate and mentor experimental work of more junior team members to meet project and Company
• Participate in internal meetings to facilitate and drive projects towards goals/milestones and, where required,
participate in meetings with external academic, clinical and commercial parties.
Qualifications and other requirements:
• PhD Degree or extensive industry experience in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related subject
and a strong background in areas of molecular/cell biology relevant to human disease.
• Postdoctoral experience in relevant academic or industry environment(s) advantageous.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of mammalian cell biology, disease biology and high-throughput screening
• Experience in CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing and screens and/or human-disease genetics highly desirable.
• Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful and versatile, with demonstrated ability to define and meet
• Successful track record of supervising and mentoring of more junior team members desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to advance their career in a dynamic and quickly-growing
biotech company, and to contribute to the development of innovative new medicines.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To comply with UK employment legislation, applicants for positions at Adrestia Therapeutics must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Adrestia.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website: www.adrestia.com.
No agencies, thank you.