Location: London (with flexibility to work from home)
Full time, 35 hours
Join the interface between scientific innovation and industry commercial development as a Translation Executive – and help in our mission to cure cancer faster.
Cancer Research UK Commercial Partnerships team has recently been expanded to allow it to invest more time & resource supporting investigators to translate their discoveries into benefits for cancer patients. To deliver on this objective, a new specialised translational team has been created to spend more time with investigators and facilitating access to a broader base of expertise spanning research translation, drug discovery, preclinical and clinical development.
As a Translation Executive you will:
- Assist scientists and institutes with translation and funding advice on:
-CRUK funding schemes and routes for translation of projects; e.g. CRUK Centre for Drug Development, Therapeutic Discovery Labs and Drug Discovery Units
-Commercial Partnerships funding; e.g. Project Development Fund, Seed Funding
-Understanding of non-CRUK funding options; e.g. other funding bodies, University internal funding schemes
- Facilitate collaboration with industry, including access to novel agents and reagents
- Enable links to the UK clinical oncology and academic network
You’ll help Imperial College and the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), to identify, develop and protect their science to convert discoveries into drugs, diagnostics and digital medicine. It will be a challenging and rewarding role – one you’ll thrive on as a core member of Commercial Partnerships, as you build relationships and encourage a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship across the scientific community.
Who we're looking for:
- PhD (or equivalent) in a scientific or healthcare discipline, ideally oncology.
- In-depth experience in translating discovery research and pre-clinical science gaines in sectors such as medical technologies, diagnostics, healthcare technologies and pharmaceuticals. This experience may have been gained in industry, healthcare, academia or non-profit organisations.
- Ability to drive an entrepreneurial spirit and think creatively.
What we can offer you:
- A wonderful culture where everyone feels valued
- Fantastic work/life balance and flexible working
- 25 days leave per annum with the option to buy 5 extra days
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
Please click here to apply on-line: https://cancerresearchuk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External_Careers/job/London/Translation-Executive---London_R009102