Sosei Heptares is an international biopharmaceutical group focused on the design and development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of partnered and in-house drug candidates in multiple therapeutic areas including neurology, immunology, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology and rare/specialty diseases. Sosei Heptares is a world-leader in engineering of functional, stabilized GPCRs in their natural pharmacological conformations (agonist or antagonist), enabling the determination of 3D structures of GPCR-ligand complexes useful for SBDD.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based in the new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Molecular Pharmacology team and are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated laboratory-based in vitro pharmacologist to join our team. The Molecular Pharmacology team is responsible for both new drug target validation and supporting all drug discovery phases up to pre-clinical candidate (PCC) selection including assay development, provision of routine small/large molecule screening and more detailed mechanism of action studies in native cellular systems.
Ideally, we are seeking candidates whose profile will include:
• An undergraduate/postgraduate degree in pharmacology or similar biological sciences with relevant experience in an industry environment desirable.
• Prior experience of GPCRs, establishing cell-based recombinant assays and screening small/large molecules.
• Experience using automated liquid handling equipment, plate readers and be skilled in analysing and entering compound activity data into databases.
• Experience in the field of immunology is also desirable but not essential
• Being an effective team player, whilst also being highly self-motivated, flexible and able to work effectively independently.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated capability to operate in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written reports, in English.
For the right candidate, the role provides an excellent opportunity to work within an industry-leading drug discovery company and to impact drug discovery projects in our unique environment of structurally enabled GPCR drug discovery.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sosei Heptares is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, quoting reference number (2019_1MP) through our online recruitment portal:
The closing date for applications is 28th June 2019.
Strictly no agencies