OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Senior Scientist to work within the Biology Mass Spectrometry team. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will be an experienced scientist with a good understanding of mass spectrometry, particularly in native MS applications to understand protein interactions. You will be responsible for developing MS based methods which (i) provide a greater understanding of membrane proteins of interest and (ii) contribute to the development of a bespoke discovery platform for challenging drug targets. Experience of molecular biology, protein expression/purification is advantageous. As part of the platform development team, the ability to problem-solve and develop innovative solutions within projects is a key attribute required for the role. The role is based in our Oxford site.
Essential Experience and Skills
• A PhD or equivalent in biological/protein mass spectrometry with demonstratable research experience in native mass spectrometry
• Demonstrate the ability to lead research projects
• Experience with handling purified proteins
• Excellent organisational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Experience in proteomics method development
• Native mass spectrometry experience on orbitrap platforms
• Experience in handling purified membrane proteins
• Experience with eukaryotic protein expression using a variety of hosts including mammalian and insect cells
• Experience with variety of protein purification methods
• Develop mass spectrometry-based methods and protocols for drug discovery applications
• Apply native mass spectrometry to proteins (including membrane proteins) of interest to provide greater understanding of their structure and/or function.
• Prepare and apply OMass’ compound libraries to MS-based screens
• Work closely with scientists within the team to develop solutions and exploratory ideas which contribute to the company’s vision
• Liaise closely with other departments and scientists of different disciplines to deliver projects
• Create ideas and solutions which allow the company to deliver key milestones
• Maintain detailed laboratory records and, when required, contribute to the preparation of patents and publications
• Remain up to date with the state-of-the-art of the field
• Communicate research and data to broader project teams and provide expert opinion on its interpretation.
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in the UK.
All applications should be submitted online via our website www.omass.com/careers/.
Any queries relating to the role can be sent to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent