Job Ref: SS2301
Reports To: Principal Scientist
Contract type: Permanent
For more than twenty years, Isogenica has built deep expertise and knowledge about how to discover antibodies and develop them into drugs in partnership with some of the world’s most innovative biopharma companies. Now, we are leveraging that experience to develop those drugs ourselves.
We are building our drug pipeline from humanised VHHs; single domain antibody fragments around 1/10th the size of a traditional mAb. Our vision is to create multimers of our lead VHH molecules to make safer, more effective cancer therapies. As we move forward, we need to build our translational biology capability to ensure our multimeric VHHs have the essential functional characteristics required for clinical applications.
This role is the cornerstone of building that capability – to identify, design, execute and assess the outcome of functional cell assays for the identification of potential new therapeutics, as well as having strategic input into the direction of our internal pipeline.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an enthusiastic scientist and care deeply about the quality of your work. You take accountability for your project in an organised way, taking the initiative to be creative or help colleagues where needed. You communicate effectively with colleagues and embrace a culture of respectful challenge. Above all, you love to learn about science and about how that science intersects with commercial priorities and impacts on clinical outcomes.
You hold a PhD or equivalent experience demonstrating research independence in Immunology or a related field and have a solid understanding of immunological cell mechanisms of action in the context of oncology. Preferably, you will have two or more years of cellular assay development experience in the Biotech industry, but candidates with strong academic research experience in cellular immunology are also encouraged to apply.
Whatever your experience, you have demonstrated the ability to identify, design and perform relevant functional cell assays aiming at new immunotherapy validation. Your progress is always supported by rigorous data interpretation and advances according to defined timelines with clear deliverables.
Ideally, you are familiar with the landscape of immuno-oncology – preferably multi-specific small biomolecules.
Please note, this role will require work with primary cells of human origin.
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as being part of our skilled and enthusiastic team, you will also benefit from:
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays,
• A culture of trust, including the option to work some days from home when appropriate,
• A work-place pension with an 8% employer contribution,
• Routine salary benchmarking in the biotech industry to ensure our pay remains both fair and competitive,
• Access to Income Protection and Life Insurance benefits,
• Access to Private Medical Insurance (eligible on completion of probation),
• Unlimited access to health and wellbeing resources through our Employee Assistance Programme including counselling and telephone GP service,
• Professional development tailored to you including both in-house training and external courses and events,
• A thriving working environment with the opportunity to be part of a diverse and collaborative team, shaping the pre-clinical process of our molecules.
Isogenica is located in Chesterford Research Park offering a beautiful landscape in which to work with plenty of green, open and parkland grounds to explore. Alongside the benefits above, you’ll have access to an on-site restaurant, golf course and 50% membership discount for the on-site gym which includes exercise classes and an outdoor bootcamp.
Salary Range: £44,000 - £54,000 pa plus excellent benefits package
How to apply:
Please send your CV and brief covering letter to: email@example.com
You must have the permanent right to work in the UK to apply for this role.