We are looking for a highly motivated, data-driven Medicinal Chemists with broad drug discovery experience and strong technical and problem-solving skills in Organic and Medicinal Chemistry. The successful Candidate will join the Medicinal Chemistry team and collaborate in the discovery of high quality drug candidates, provide strategic and technical leadership in a flexible, cross-functional team environment, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Provide hands-on leadership in the design, synthesize, purification and characterization of drug-like molecules in target validation and hit-to-lead projects
• Evaluate potency, in vitro ADME and pharmacokinetic information in the development of Structure Activity Relationships (SAR)
• Develop hypotheses based on SAR and design compounds and/or propose studies to test them
• Collaborate as part of integrated, cross-functional program teams towards the advancement of high quality drug candidates into clinical development
• Participate in the development of intellectual property
• Act as a mentor to colleagues within the Medicinal Chemistry function, as well as cross-functionally
• Proactively collaborate with colleagues to generate new program ideas and opportunities
• Support and help to foster a “lead from the lab” culture
• Ph.D. in organic chemistry
• Min. 5 years of hands-on Medicinal Chemistry experience in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry
• Strong, in-depth knowledge and demonstrated problem-solving skills in Synthetic, Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
• Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, MS, IR, NMR and the ability to interpret the data generated using these techniques to elucidate chemical structures
• Excellent understanding of the drug discovery process and a proven track record of contributing to the identification of clinical candidates
• Broad experience with the application of multiple hit-finding approaches and a demonstrated ability to prioritize these approaches to program-specific needs
• Strong knowledge of pharmacokinetics principles and their application to lead optimization
• Excellent team player
We can offer
• Challenging and rewarding work in a global drug discovery company based Poland in Central Europe
• The sense of building and expanding innovation idea
• Competitive salary within the Polish market
• Private medical healthcare, fitness cards, lunch vouchers
• Friendly work environment
• Real development and trainings within the great working environment.
Candidates who are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume in English using the link below.
We would be happy to discuss with you these opoortunites and your next career steps.