I am working with one of my global innovation partners to create a revolution in the automation of mammalian cell culture.
To deliver this vision I am looking to appoint an innovative software architect who can lead the development of software for our automated growth/deposition equipment. You will be responsible for the system‘s software architecture and its implementation, either internally or through outsourced partners. Creating requirements, functional and interface specifications, implementation of scheduling and automation algorithms, ensuring the total integration of the software onto hardware modules are all key aspects of the role.
If you enjoy having an influential role in a small team with a ‘start-up culture’ yet also like to be part of an extremely successful larger global organisation, this role is for you.
Based just outside of Cambridge, the role offers a competitive salary (negotiable) and an excellent benefits package including 30 days holiday and 12% pension contribution.
In this role, you will lead the development of software for our automated growth/deposition equipment. You will be responsible for the system‘s software architecture and its implementation, either internally or through outsourced partners. This will involve creating requirements, functional and interface specifications; implementation of scheduling and automation algorithms and ensuring the total integration of the software onto hardware modules.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Task List ~%Time
Systems Level Development
- Working with the product development team to understand specifications and develop software architecture for the system 30
- Lead software design and implementation, including selection of operating systems, language, hardware, network, protocols
- Develop advanced automation and scheduling algorithms 30
- Software design
- Interface design
- Database design
- Software implementation, testing and validation 30
- Use best practices such as source code control, revision/release control, documentation, integration, and testing
- Establish contracts with outsourced programmers 10
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent
Skills and Experience Needed:
• Experience with node.js especially express and socket.io
• Experience with JAVA SE
• Experience with databases
• Experience with DROOLS
• Desirable - experience with Beckhoff TwinCat
• Desirable - experience with image analysis
To apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for this role you are giving us consent to share your application with our partners for the sole purpose of recruitment.
Short listed applicants will be notified prior to 16th August 2019.