PredictImmune was created in early 2017 as a spin-out from the Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK and is a new generation molecular diagnostics company offering a unique approach for the prognosis of immune-mediated diseases such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis etc.
PredictImmune is developing prognostic assays that are simple, robust and based on RT-PCR using whole blood samples and test methodology that is routine in clinical laboratories. We aim to be the first company to offer predictive tests in immune-mediated diseases which will facilitate personalised treatment and thereby improve patient outcomes and health economics. PredictImmune will provide its proprietary technology as both a laboratory service and as a kit depending on the needs of global markets.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our growing team and support the development of intelligent and automated ‘in vitro’ diagnostic (IVD) software. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of a pipeline of cloud-based software tools for immune-mediated disease management. This is a unique opportunity to apply your software development skills to the entire product development lifecycle of IVD software in a new and progressive environment. If you enjoy playing a principal role in developing innovative software solutions and have a desire to contribute to the development of a product which will transform clinical management of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, then this is the role for you.
This position requires:
- MSc in software development (or equivalent) or BSc in software development (or equivalent) plus 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated programming fluency (e.g. python, C, java)
- Sound understanding of a structured software development life cycle
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX based operating systems
- Experience with cloud-based technologies (ideally AWS)
The following skills/experiences are desirable:
- Bioinformatics/computational biology qualification
- Experience of designing and executing software tests within a software validation framework
- Prior experience developing software in a regulated environment (experience of ISO 13485/IEC 62304 a bonus)
- Prior experience analysing gene expression data (knowledge of analytical tools including R and Matlab a bonus)
In addition to the above, you are expected to have:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines
- Flexibility and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to help develop products from concept to completion within an exciting environment and in return we offer a competitive salary package + benefits including Life Assurance, Healthcare and Pension, a great working atmosphere with good career progression and development opportunities.
If you feel you have got what it takes to join a vibrant and dynamic company, then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com