Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
The company has established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Allergan, AstraZeneca, Daiichi-Sankyo, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and with innovative biotechnology companies, including Kymab, MorphoSys and PeptiDream.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
You will be working within a growing Discovery team, using a range of the latest liquid handling automation to provide high quality samples for experimental testing. You will be supporting all internal projects within Sosei Heptares and across our collaborations spanning Hit Identification through to Lead Optimisation.
We hold our own growing GPCR screening library and use sample management software to ensure efficient delivery and compound tracking. This will be an ideal opportunity to learn new skills in logistics, advanced robotics and contribute directly to drug discovery in a fast paced and challenging environment. We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated and enthusiastic about working in a laboratory and have some prior experience within industry.
Main tasks will include:
• Accurate processing and delivery of liquid and solid samples to assay groups across the company to required cycle times
• Compound inventory management to ensure libraries are accurately maintained and recorded
• To become proficient in liquid handling robotics, calibration and preventative maintenance to enable continuous operation
• Generation of assay-ready plates to facilitate primary screening and analytical QC
• Excellent communication skills across multiple groups to enable accurate scheduling
• Logistical support for preparation of shipments to external parties
Requirements and Expectations
• Practical laboratory experience
• Strong numerical and analytical ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated capability to operate in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
• The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written reports, in English.
Also desirable but not essential includes:
• Previous experience using automation (such as automatic liquid handlers)
• An undergraduate degree in sciences or relevant industrial experience
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line recruitment system which can be found here: https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2020.
Strictly no agencies.