A Synthesis Scientist is an integral part of the production team. They will understand the relevant departmental Aptamer Synthesis processes and be able to independently carry out the processes, keeping to agreed deadlines as outlined by the Team Leader.
A Synthesis Scientist should be an excellent team player, both within the Synthesis Team and the Laboratory Team as a whole. Good communication skills are vital, as are attention to detail, timekeeping, and a willingness to learn.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform work according to appropriate Work Instruction.
• Perform all aspects of Aptamer Synthesis process, as outlined in SOP, relevant to the appropriate department.
• Planning & organisation of individual workload
• Carrying out team work as instructed by Team Leader or Senior Departmental Scientist.
• Maintaining reagents for processes.
• Maintaining laboratory cleanliness and equipment.
• Ensure compliance with all Quality and Health & Safety processes.
• Work as part of a small process team.
• Communicate well with wider Synthesis Team to ensure smooth running in the laboratories.
• Support a continuous improvement culture within the Synthesis Team.
• Carry out process improvement tasks as instructed by Team Leader or Senior Synthesis Scientist.
• Maintain excellent documentation of laboratory work.
• Prepare and present internal reports.
Essential Scientific Skills
• A degree or PhD in medicinal or synthetic organic chemistry.
• Experience in synthesis, purification, and analysis of bio-active molecules is required.
• Proven ability to conduct self-directed laboratory work, troubleshooting and of working effectively in a dynamic environment within a diverse team.
• Excellent understanding of chemistry lab operations and equipment.
• Excellent understanding of Hazards associated within a busy synthesis laboratory.
• Experience of following SOPs within a synthesis laboratory.
• Excellent organisational and timekeeping skills.
• Experience in nucleoside chemistry, oligonucleotide synthesis and chemical modifications of oligonucleotides.
• Experience in using automated oligonucleotide synthesisers.
• Knowledge of aptamer therapeutics, aptamer generation, or aptamer discovery.
What’s on offer?
• Free car parking
• A great working environment
• An exciting opportunity to learn new skills with an innovative technology
• NOW pension.
• Gym membership
• Health care scheme
• Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays.
• Competitive salary
• Permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week
please apply direct to email@example.com