Looking for the chance to use your scientific knowledge, to work alongside experienced researchers and contribute to the discovery of new treatments for patients?
Domainex currently has opportunities for talented synthetic and medicinal chemistry laboratory-based scientists at all levels of experience including team leaders (project leaders) to join our research team.
We’re an expanding contract research organisation (CRO) providing fully integrated, drug discovery services to the scientific community. Our multi-disciplinary team works in a highly collaborative manner with our clients - bringing together talent, creativity and expertise to convert ideas and discoveries into new healthcare solutions. Each client project brings new scientific challenges and our scientists must be versatile, and responsive to the evolving needs as each project progresses.
You may be involved in a range of synthetic projects and in Hit Identification, Hit-to-Lead, or Lead Optimisation programmes.
The successful candidates will have:
• a Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry, or a B.Sc/M.Sc. degree in chemistry and may also have additional experience in industry
• a passion for synthetic chemistry and be able propose and execute synthetic routes efficiently
• problem-solving ability from combining personal knowledge of synthetic methods and techniques, with the desire to seek-out and apply novel and innovative solutions from the wider literature
• good communication skills; able to summarise and present scientific results and ideas to colleagues
• excellent inter-personal skills
• proven ability to work in a team, be proactive, and strive to deliver high quality
An ideal candidate will also have experience in some of the following areas:
• experience in industry, with a proven track record
• knowledge of DMPK, toxicology and biology concepts in order to make key decisions for drug design
Domainex is an award-winning company located in Cambridge, one of the UK’s leading hubs for bioscientific research and innovation, and offers a stimulating and rewarding research environment.
We currently have permanent opportunities available.
If you would like to apply for one of these positions, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference MSC1021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We are not accepting any enquiries or candidate profiles from recruitment organisations.
Closing Date: 30 November 2021