With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced cell-based assay development and screening scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing to building Artios’ DDR platform and providing key biological mode of action and potency data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by applying your expertise in cell-based assay development and screening, and a background in DNA damage response biology, to lead a small team responsible for profiling Artios’ novel anticancer agents. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork. Appointment will be at either the senior scientist or principal scientist level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven track record in cell-based assay development and screening, ideally within an industrial drug discovery setting
• Experience working in the DNA damage response field will be a distinct advantage
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant life science subject
• An additional five years’ experience working in a research environment as a minimum
• Line management experience is desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
• Excellent technical cell and molecular biology skills (e.g. flow cytometry, imaging, cell culture, viability assays and reporter assays) and a proven ability to apply
these skills to cell-based assay development and screening
• Advanced technical skills in performing high-throughput compound screening using cell-based assays
• Deep understanding of DNA damage response biology, DNA repair pathways and cancer cell biology is highly desirable
• Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
• Proven ability to successfully manage and develop staff is highly desirable
• Thorough knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Senior or Principal Scientist level depending on experience.
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you
If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com