The Business Development Manager - EU will expand RSD business in Europe & Israel as part of the broader Research Services Division Business Development team, through proactively managing the sales process, following up on leads, filling the pipeline to meet the yearly revenue targets for the region whilst demonstrating WuXi AppTec’s core values and complying with Company Policies.
- Create new opportunities for RSD and develop new relationships to expand and grow our customer base
- Grow revenue through cross selling into existing accounts, managing the portfolio of customers and generating new business.
- Plans and performs the selling, proposal and contract negotiation process independently
- Proactively manages any assigned key strategic accounts in Europe
- Stays current on competitors and competitive strategies and provides input needed for the development of future services and products
- Builds strong internal relationships across functions
- Represents RSD at key trade shows, and other conferences
- Contributes to key commercial strategies across the sales team
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the customer relationship.
- Timely update of CRM and monitoring of KPIs
- Achieve European regional sales target
- Grows revenue from new customers
- Develops own network through local and other networking and partnering meetings
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years life science experience.
- At least 2 years of successful sales and territory management experience within the Contract Research Organization space.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong gravitas and relationship building skills
- Listening and empathy demonstrated
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies and tactics
- Must be organised and detailed-orientated.
- Good command of English, written and verbal.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties with the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM tool).
- Valid Passport and the ability to travel 50% of the time.