We would like to invite you to participate in the SLAS Mentor Match program. SLAS is committed to transforming life sciences through research. We are an international professional society of academic, industry and government researchers as well as developers and providers of laboratory automation tools. The SLAS mentor program was developed to encourage experienced professionals (mentors) in our diverse community to pass on their knowledge and experience to young professionals (mentees). Pairs will be connected online via the Mentor Match portal and are matched by industry, career stage and interests. Once connected, pairs can meet virtually or in person at SLAS2022 International Conference.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to www.slas.org and use this link for a complimentary 6-month membership with SLAS. This code is good for membership benefits including the reduced member rate to attend SLAS2022!
- Fill out a profile on Mentor Match
- BOTH mentors AND mentees need to complete the survey.
- If you are planning to attend SLAS2022 and want to meet in person, please sign up for a timeslot AND breakfast with the Mentors on Monday, Feb. 7.
- If you do not plan to attend SLAS2022 in person please note that profiles can be completed at any point during the year, so you can still participate in the online Mentor Match program.
- In the Mentor Match platform, accept the mentor or mentee you’re paired with, or request a change, if desired.
SLAS has developed Mentor Resources for both Mentors and Mentees to help pairs get the conversation going during their meetings. This online resource includes talking points, mentor request template, sample meeting agenda and how to end the relationship. Mentoring meetings can cover any topic the pairs like, but suggestions include technical skills, interpersonal skills, career path, and resumes. Mentoring teams are also encouraged to set goals during their first session to provide a roadmap for the year.
The mentoring program is just one of the many benefits of being a SLAS member and presents a great opportunity for our members to connect with and learn from one another.
Feedback has been positive over the past few years and we are passionate about continuing to make this program successful. So, if you’re interested in participating, please create a profile (link above) and we’ll get you paired up with a mentor or mentee.
Questions regarding the mentoring program can be directed to:
SLAS Membership Coordinator: Suanne Determan at email@example.com
Thank you for your participation. We’re looking forward to another great year!